Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Mystery of WiFi

When I got back to my room yesterday and turned on my iPad I found, all of a sudden, I was picking up a nice strong WiFi signal. I checked and,sure enough, I was picking up the hotel's WiFi.

To say the least, I was delighted. All of my prior posting, whether it was email, blog entries, tweets, Flickr, whatever, was done on the floor below mine. I've come back day after day worn out from wandering the city. Once back in my room I've gathered up my notes and thoughts, moved the photos from camera to iPad and headed downstairs.

Last night I was ready to jump up and down at my good fortune. I could sit back all comfy on my bed and post as much as I liked. Sometime around midnight my wonderful WiFi went away. I don't know how or why. It was just gone. I tried everything. I held the iPad over my head. I stood on one foot. I moved all around the room carrying it. I bit my tongue and crossed my eyes.

Oh, well (insert long, drawn out sigh here), back to the first floor.

No comments: