Thursday, June 5, 2008

Surgery at last!

Tuesday at noon we headed over to the Day Surgery. By evening I was headed home with a much smaller splint and a metal plate and several screws in my forearm. It wasn't fun, but my arm is easier to deal with.

I spent Wednesday and Thursday nursing my arm and crossing my fingers. My suitcase is almost completely packed. I still need to finish buying my gifts for my host family.

This evening Joel and I went to a reception at the Japanese Consul General's residence. I seem to be the only area teacher going on the Spring (June) 2008 Cycle. Everyone else at the reception was either a JFMF alumni or a Fall (October) Cycle person.

The reception was great. Carl Rosa of the Japan America Society Houston gave a really informative talk that gave a picture of the size and population of Tokyo. It's mind boggling.

In the morning I go to the Physician's Clinic again for my follow-up. I should have my travel approval tomorrow. Actually I have to have it tomorrow. My flight is Sunday morning at 6:55 A. M.

Cross your fingers for me. Say a prayer. Here we go!

No comments: