Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cleared for Take Off!

We left early for the Physicians' Clinic this morning. I had barely slept last night. It was a night filled with nightmares and waking up only to doze off again and find myself back in some disturbing dream situation.

Arriving at the clinic it looked as though I had walked into one of my nightmares. The waiting room that had been so full last week was empty. The only people there were two receptionists. When we asked at the desk we were told no doctors were in today.

I explained that I had an appointment. The receptionists informed us that they didn't show anything. I pulled papers out of my folder. One of the young women made a call to my doctor's nurse. It turned out she was headed over right then.

Once she arrived she removed my splint and cut away the cotton that was wound around my arm. She gently removed the bandage. I was able to see my arm for the first time in two weeks. There is an approximately four inch wound, very straight and beautifully stitched together.

She put a new bandage on and showed me how to take care of it. The last thing was a splint that supports my wrist.

Finally, she gave me a note stating that I can travel.

I am a very lucky woman. Good doctors, good medical care from the moments after the accident through the present.

I can use my arm and my hand. I can type with two hands. Best of all, I can go to Japan! Yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!!!

Lorelei