Monday, June 2, 2008

Diaster Strikes , Part V

Thursday was one of the longest days of my life. I spent the whole day waiting for word on when my surgery would be.

Meanwhile, back at my school, it was the last day of the school year for the kids. All my friends and colleagues were packing up and getting ready for the summer break, either that or summer school.

My room was left exactly the way I last saw it on Friday. There was nothing I could do about it. I had spoken to my principal. My medical papers said that I wasn't to lift anything with my left hand. This really wasn't much of an issue, since even attempting to grasp a piece of paper with my left hand was excruciatingly painful.

I waited and I waited and I waited for a phone call that never came. I could feel Japan slipping away.

Thursday night I couldn't sleep. I had to come up with a plan of action.

Joel bore the brunt of my frustration and fear.

Friday would be another day.

No comments: