Sunday, July 15, 2007

About to be moving on . . .

Today, July 15th, is Joel and my anniversary. It's been 11 years. We spoke on the phone for this evening, same as we've been doing since I started this trip. We've agreed to postpone celebrating until I get home and I still have a ways to go.

We, Brandy and me, went out to the Indian Flea Market. She found the earrings that she wanted. I've been searching for an onyx bracelet with a turquoise inset. Once upon a time, a long time ago in a different life I had one for a short while. I haven't seen anything even vaguely like it since.

Well, today at the Flea Market I found a beautiful bracelet with a turquoise inset, but it was made of spiny oyster, not onyx. I told the vendor I would think about it. I walked around for a moment and couldn't get if off my mind. I returned to the booth just in time to watch another vendor buy it and about four or five other bracelets off him. That'll teach me!


We went on to Bandelier. Incredible drive with a narrow road and immense vistas. We took the easy walk, the Nature Trail, to the cave/cliff dwellings. Took some great photographs before it started to rain.

We raced the rain storm back to Santa Fe and dinner.

Tonight was the last night of the workshop, so my time is once again my own.

My personal shrine box from the workshop, Folk Art Traditions and Beyond


Tomorrow we head out for Canyon de Chelly, Mesa Verde, and Chaco. I don't know if I'll get a chance to check in for the next four or five days.

I'll be in Taos the 22nd and 23rd, then back to Santa Fe for one night and on to Abiquiu. I'll be headed for home on the 29th.

It's been a long haul so far. I miss home and my husband and my dog. I miss my own bed, but right now I have to take as much advantage as I can of the time I've got here.

If you don't see any new posts for a couple of days keep checking back. I'll post again as soon as I can.

'night ya'll!

No comments: