Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Counting down

The countdown is definitely on. I've posted information about my Fellowship on the board at school. I've been passing out the URL for this blog to anyone who cares to follow along. I've had my students helping me figure out the exchange rate from dollars to Euros. They've been assisting in figuring out my budget. We've talked about Barcelona, Spain, soccer, and more. Almost all of their work is returned. Looking around my classroom, I'm about half finished. I'm hoping to finish up tomorrow. I must have everything in my room boxed and put up by the end of the day Thursday. Friday morning the contractors come and start moving furniture and boxes about, so there won't be any more opportunities to straighten anything up after Thursday afternoon. I've been online looking at Barcelona info, collecting apps and ebooks, and generally setting up to go. I have apps that translate Spanish to English and back again. I found a children's app for learning Catalan. It works for me! All my travel books are loaded in to my various i-devices. I'm looking forward to this weekend when I can truly focus in on this trip. By this time on next week I'll be on my second day in Barcelona! Gaudí, Picasso, Miró, Dalí here I come!

1 comment:

Naomi Brown said...

I will be following your journey.
Wonderful Blog!
/Naomi Brown
sugar Land (FFT Fellow 2012)